The 2nd Edition of the ClearIAS e-book “Current Issues – What’s hot today?” (PDF) is now available in the store. The new edition includes about 50 current issues which need your immediate attention (yes, a lot more new issues than our 1st edition!). Also, many of the earlier topics still relevant today are updated with the latest current affairs.
50 Current Issues: Views vs Counter-Views
Issue-based study (with views and counter-views) is highly helpful for the UPSC Civil Services Exam Mains (written test) as well as the Interview (personality test). These are the issues covered in this e-book.
1. Aadhaar and Privacy issues
2. Ban on cow slaughter/ Beef Ban
3. Cashless Economy
5. Economic growth Vs Environmental conservation
6. Election Funding
7. Free Speech: Rights & Limits
8. Frequent promulgation of Ordinance
9. Full statehood to Delhi: Should it be granted or not?
10. Hate crimes against Indians in the US
11. Interstate water disputes: Focus on Cauvery Water Dispute
12. India and ISIS
13. Judicial activism and judicial Overreach
14. Judicial appointment: Collegium Vs NJAC
15. Kashmir Unrest
16. Liquor ban in Bihar and Kerala
17. Media freedom and Responsible reporting
18. Muslim Personal law: Polygamy/ Triple talaq
19. Nationalism vs Regionalism
20. NGOs and Development/ Crackdown on NGOs
21. Nuclear Energy: Support, opposition, Safety concerns India
22. Dalit assertion and Politics of reservation
23. Restriction on entry of women in places of worship
24. Should India spend more on science or Social welfare?
25. Student/Campus Politics
26. Supreme Court judgement on Caste, Religion in Polls
27. Parliamentary disruptions
28. Uniform civil code
29. Privatization of certain Healthcare Services
30. Agrarian crisis: Issues in farmer economy
31. Issues related to Social Media
32. Criminalisation of politics
33. Stubble burning in neighbourhood of Delhi
34. Marital rape
35. ‘Living wills’/ Euthanasia
36. Separate State Flag in Karnataka
37. Net neutrality
38. Merger of PSU banks
39. Privatization of Air India
40. Capital Punishment/death sentence
41. Politics and Economics of farm loan waiver
42. Laws to ban certain social practices
43. Entry of foreign universities in India
44. Respecting national anthem
45. Special court for trying politicians
46. Rajasthan bill to protect civil servants
47. FRDI bill
48. National Medical Commission Bill
49. Barring MPs from practising law
50. Controversy over changing the Constitution
Unique features of the ebook “Current Issues – What’s Hot Today?”
- Most Important Events of National and International Importance presented in a simple and easy-to-learn language
- You will get an idea of the background/history of important issues.
- Arguments in favour and arguments against are presented. This will be highly useful for UPSC CSE Mains and Interview to take a stand.
- Reference links to related discussions – text and video – from important websites like Rajya Sabha TV, PIB, PRS India, AIR etc are provided.