Thank you so much UPSC for all your support and guidance throughout the journey. Now, while waiting for the final results, let me express my wholehearted gratitude to you as was the first UPSC preparation app I downloaded on my phone and I needed no other online help after that. Thank you so much dreamupsc-mpsc ."
With due regards, Avneet Punia, Roll No. 0007598
The above words of a 23-year old UPSC Civil Service Exam 2016 Topper – Avneet Punia – are taken from the mail he sent to clearias.com just before UPSC results were announced. Avneet, the son of a farmer from Rajasthan managed his time so well, that he prepared for the IAS exam even while doing his post graduation and emerged successful in his first attempt.
Let’s welcome Avneet Punia to the UPSC Toppers Interview at www.upsc.dreamupsc.com.
- Name: Avneet Punia
- Age: 23
- Name of the Exam and Year: CSE 2016
- Rank: 356
- Roll number: 7598
- Category (General/OBC/SC/ST): OBC
- Graduation Background and College: B.Sc. Honours Mathematics, Hindu College, DU (2011-14)
- Post Graduation Background and College (if any): M.A. Geography, Delhi School of Economics, DU (2015-17)
- Work Experience: Organization and Duration (if any): NIL
- UPSC Optional Subject: Geography
- UPSC Mains Medium: English
- UPSC Interview Medium: English
- The number of attempts taken to achieve this feat: 1
- State and Place of Residence (Permanent): District-Jhunjhunu, (Rajasthan)
- Percentage of Marks in 10th and Board: 94.33% (CBSE)
- Percentage of Marks in 12th and Board: 92.16% (CBSE)
- Percentage of Marks in Graduation and Board/University: 91.53%, Hindu College, University of Delhi
- Percentage of Marks in Post Graduation and Board/University (if any): Result Awaited. Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi.
- What’s unique about your profile: Along with academics, I also hold NCC ‘A’ certificate. Participated in CBSE clusters in Volleyball. Member of Hindu College Volleyball team. Special interest in music and musical instruments (harmonium and dholak). Special interests in Horse Riding, Swimming, Cricket and Roller Skating. All these activities were part of our school curriculum. So, I would like to credit my school for broadening the horizons of my overall personality. I was also the school captain. Also was the Minister of Sports in the Hindu College Student Union.
- Service Preference (Top 5): IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS (IT), IRS (C&CE)
- Preference (Top 5): Rajasthan, Haryana, MadhyaPradesh, HimachalPradesh, Uttarakhand